Winning isn’t always championships.
I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
If you’re trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I’ve had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.
My attitude is that if you push me towards something that you think is a weakness, then I will turn that perceived weakness into a strength.
To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.
The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I’ve always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It’s been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It’s a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.
I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.
AVI LEBOR LIFE QUOTES
- The U. S. Constitution doesn’t guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself.
- We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
- They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.
- Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
- Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain – and most fools do.
- Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
- Life’s Tragedy is that we get old to soon and wise too late.
- Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead.
- Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.
- Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants.
More Avi Lebor Life Quotes
Affection is responsible for nine-tenths of whatever solid and durable happiness there is in our lives.
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.
We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
From Stephane Touboul.com